Saturday, April 24, 2010

Zander is an Entrepreneur!

Zander decided that he wants a Nintendo DS (a lot of his friends have them). We talked about maybe being really good and asking for one for his Birthday in June, but he says he needs it sooner so he can play it on the bus. He asked how much a DS would cost and decided to try to earn his own money to buy one. The first day he took out all the garbage and was really bummed when he only got one dollar for 15 minutes of work. We thought that for a 5 year old four dollars an hour is a pretty good deal. I used to get one dollar for cleaning the whole kitchen everyday for a week! The next morning I walk into my room and found him making our bed. I thought "wow, that was sweet"... and then he informed me that I had to pay him for it. I laughed for a minute, then what did I do? I paid him! We were pretty impressed that he took initiative and went out looking for work. Here is what it looked like after Zander made it, and below is what it usually looks like. He was not too far off! He is such a fun kid!!




3 comments:

Alyson Tolman said...

Good work Zander bo Bander! You've got mom figured out :0)

Kristin and Alyssa said...

He is definitely his fathers son. Very nicely done by the way Zander, very impressive.

Stacy Roman said...

Impressive! :) Gotta love it. Gavin asked for one when he was 5 and we decided not to. The following Christmas (6), we decided that it was time. He only plays it on the weekends and when we take trips longer than 3 hours. :)