Thursday, April 15, 2010

Emberlyn's First Day of Pre-School

Embers started pre-school on Monday. There is a pre-school here for special needs kids. On Sunday night we were talking about Emberlyn starting school and she got so excited, she was kicking her legs and laughing and smiling from ear to ear. I'm not sure what she understands, but I actually think she knew what we were talking about. She was too excited to sleep so we let her stay up a little later, then all the excitement took it's toll and she eventually fell asleep. The next morning, Zander said, "Embers you get to go to school today" and she got so excited again. She was so giggly and happy! I got her all ready for school and Daddy came home to help her get on the bus. She was holding up her head all by herself, so we got some fun pictures of her. We don't normally see so much emotion from her.
My mom embroidered her name on her backpack for her birthday. Thanks NINI! She loves it.
Shady was so excited for Embers too!

The bus has a lift with a ramp so we just roll her chair onto the lift and up she goes.
There is a lady on the bus to help with the pre-schoolers, she is very nice and already loves Emberlyn!
I didn't even cry (that hard) when the bus took my baby girl away. I was so excited to see Ember so excited that I couldn't feel anything but happiness for her. Shayden and I got to go to the school that day to show them how to do her afternoon meds. She was sitting up in her chair and supporting her head when I walked in. She looked like such a big girl sitting in the circle with her class. There are some ADORABLE kids in her class, and her teacher is great!!
She was pretty tired when she got home, but she was still all SMILES! She had a huge smile on her face the rest of the day!

4 comments:

Lani said...

I love your blog!! I hope you don't mind that I came across it. Those are AWESOME pictures of Emberlynn -- she's so pretty! I'll bet she loves school.

Alyson Tolman said...

How cute! I love the smiles on her face. So proud of you for not crying that hard. I always do.

Kristin and Alyssa said...

I didn't even cry that much when I read your blog. :O) She is so cute and so good to see those beautiful smiles.

FYI Alyson is right she always does...she even cried when she put Alyssa on the bus for me in Portland and it wasn't even Alyssa's first day of school :O)

Anonymous said...

Jaime its nikki I found your blog on Kimberlys. I need your email so I can add you to ours because its private. These pictures of Ember and Shayden are adorable in there matching out fits! Im so glad shes feeling a little better.

oh my email is nkey23@hotmail.com